theliteraturevixen

Kagama -The Literaturevixen

I love reading everything from fantasy to historical romances. On a constant quest for more books to read.

179 BOOKS

One the Edge by Ilona Andrews

On the Edge - Ilona Andrews

Rose Drayton and brothers live on the Edge, between the mundane Broken (where she works as a cleaner, shops at Wal-Mart) and the magical Weird, where aristocrats like Declan, Earl of Camarine rule. But his evil uncle Casshorn steals a doomsday machine that generates hounds who devour magic. Rose, Declan, and the eccentric Edgers unite to save every world.

This review was written in 2009... might need to edit it a bit

Got my copy of On the edge this tuesday(The wait had been agony) I ripped open the package and set to reading.

It was somewhat different from what I expected but still a good read.The first chapter really sucked me in and wanted me to continue on.
I really felt the hardships of Rose and felt like I could identify with her more than Kate.Probably cause neither Rose nor I carry around a big sword wherever we go.Shes just a normal (albeit magically talented) wary young woman.

And then the kids...they were so cute! Often in romance books children are either cotton candy sweet or just simply there not adding to the plot WHATSOEVER.Not in this case however as I truly enjoyed reading both Jack and Georgies POV parts.

Declan was scrumptious and I was totally surprised with the twist to him.Really didnt see that coming.Not gonna spoil it though^^

Ive seen some reviews say he was too perfect but I disagree,in the beginning he was a bit too arrogant and secretive to be "perfect". I loved the Sesshomaru reference when the kids first see him ;)

He wasnt just some white knight in shining armor coming to the rescue. In fact some of the things he did caused trouble for Rose in the Edge. I also liked the way he and Rose interacted:She thinking he was a spoiled pompous guy and he thinking she was the rudest woman he ever met- Some of their dialogs made me grin.
And the romance made me sigh.

The villain and his hounds were so evil and the way Ilona described them was beyond creepy.The scene with them swarming the room *shudder*

But I dont want to give away too much just gotta read it yourself...

I wish there was a second book about Rose though...I want her to have more adventures!

(Yes I know there is to be a second book in The edge series but NOT about Rose)