theliteraturevixen

Kagama -The Literaturevixen

I love reading everything from fantasy to historical romances. On a constant quest for more books to read.

179 BOOKS

Francophile Twilight

Die for Me (Revenants) - Amy Plum

In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart again and again for eternity.

When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he's a revenant--an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again

This book is about Kate a girl whos lost her parents in an accident and has to move with her sister to live with their granparents in Paris.
Her hobbies include hanging out at cafés reading books and going into trances while visiting art museums.

Oh and also shes bad at math and clueless (after seeing a photo of Vincent in a newspaper from 1968,she tries to rationalize it by  "hmmm maybe this is Vincents dad" How could that be possible? Do the math-it isnt.

The romance is based solely on Vincents handsome looks and dangerous vibes.Seriously.But that seems to be enough since after meeting the guy for about three times,she almost has a breakdown thinking he might have a girlfriend :/

I couldnt finish this book I got to feed up reading about how hot and dangerous Vincent was and how intellectual the heroine was for reading all the time.

I got as far as reading a little about the revenants wich seemed interesting but even that couldnt make me  read on.

In a nutshell-This is Twilight for the Francophiles. No wait. Twilight looks good in comparision.