theliteraturevixen

Kagama -The Literaturevixen

I love reading everything from fantasy to historical romances. On a constant quest for more books to read.

179 BOOKS

Shadows of Asphodel by Karen Kincy Free on Kindle

Shadows of Asphodel - Karen Kincy

Shadows of Asphodel is free on kindle today. 7/30/14 - Kindle free download

She never asked for the undying loyalty of a necromancer.

1913. Austria-Hungary. Ardis knows better than to save a man on the battlefield. Even if he manages to be a charming bastard while bleeding out in the snow. She hasn’t survived this long as a mercenary without some common sense.

When she rescues Wendel, it isn’t because he's devilishly handsome, but because he's a necromancer. His touch can revive the dead, and Ardis worries he will return from the grave to hunt her down. Besides, a necromancer can be useful in this world on the brink of war.

A gentleman of questionable morals, Wendel drops to one knee and pledges his undying loyalty to Ardis. She resists falling for him, no matter how hot the tension smolders between them. Especially when she discovers Wendel's scars run much deeper than his skin, and it might be too late to truly save him from himself.

I had very mixed feelings about the authors first book Other but this one does sound interesting and as its free I will pick it up and giver the author a second chance. The opening pages makes me want to keep reading.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Shadows-Asphodel-Book-ebook/dp/B00F8W9H0O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1406752610&sr=8-2&keywords=asphodel